Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Power of a Positive Attitude

Attitude is certainly something that, having been raised in Scotland, I have never been lacking in, albeit usually in the form of bad and superfluous. However harnessing the power of a positive attitude is apparently the key to beating this disease. It's not an entirely foreign concept to me either. In the past I have been asked the question; “…is the glass half full or half empty?” To which I have replied; “If there is only half in there, add more beer!” Seriously though, staying positive throughout this process is what will keep me sane. No good will come of worrying over things to which I have no control.
My best friend’s mother survived a similar battle with cancer a few years ago and swears by staying positive and having faith. The support shown to me in one day on Facebook definitely helps and lets me know that I don’t have to go it alone. It’s that positive energy and support that will strengthen my resolve to overcome this cancer. And it’s already begun;

I received a call from my Doctor late yesterday afternoon advising me of an appointment to an oncologist at Princess Margaret Hospital tomorrow, Friday December 3rd. So that was pretty quick. Hopefully it is a sign of even better things to come.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

Livestrong!!

3 comments:

  1. Pleased you've got an appoinment so soon but wish you didn't have to go through this at all. Thinking about you. Love to you and Janice. Lxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the key, Tom (well, apart from keeping the beer glass full). In any crisis you can be victim or survivor and if you've survived long enough where you are now, then the current challenge should be wee tatties. ;-)

    Very glad to hear of the quick appointment....that's definitely good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sorry to hear of your diagnosis. My thoughts are with you Tom.

    I totally agree with you about the power of attitude by the way!!!
    Hug!

    ReplyDelete