Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Day Before Treatment

Twas the day before treatment and all through the house, nothing was stirring not even a mouse!!

Well not quite that quiet. I find Sunday's to be particularly somber days and with the bleak weather we are experiencing today it is leaving me with a feeling of foreboding.

Had more blood work on Friday and picked up my prescriptions. I have medications to deal with appetite loss, nausea and heartburn. My appointments this week are every day at 9 a.m. Monday Tuesday and Thursday, 10:30 am on Wednesday and 8:30 on Friday as I have to get blood work done in the morning before the chemo begins. By all accounts I will be well and truly knackered by the end of the week. The following two weeks I will only have have chemo on the Tuesday starting at 1:30 p.m.. So just as my energy levels begin to increase I will be leading in to a new cycle with chemo everyday again.

Am I scared? Damn straight I'm scared. The idea of being fat, bald constipated, nauseous and an insomniac are not that appealing to me, even though I may have a few of those conditions checked off already. I know that I will prevail though so it is just a matter of being sick and sucking it up.

With all that has gone on in the last few weeks I have experienced a level of clarity, a new perspective if you will as to what is important in my life. To that I would like to apologise to anyone whom I may have hurt, upset or been rude to. I feel that I should clear the air and enter into the next nine weeks with a clear conscience. I certainly don't want to come out of this with any grudges or ill feeling hanging over my head.

Not much left to say. I will keep you updated as to how I progress throughout the week.

Livestrong!

8 comments:

  1. Keep strong mate. Everyone is thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last post was me mate. Wee Ronnie Walker fae the VOLA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom your blogs are great. Positive attitude indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep your chin up, a friend of ours has just finished her chemo and is about to start radio - the chemo is not pleasant, but she had her good and bad days - she was scared too and damn right so you should be - the fear of the unknown. She is doing great and her hair is coming on - although she has not quite got enough for bunches just yet. With any luck you may only suffer the weaker side effects (hope so) - You will get through it Tom stay strong !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound very positive and thats a good thing. I am going to say this to you "Ultreya" It is my favourite word and comes from The Camino. A walk of 500 miles from France to Spain in what is suppose to be the most spiritually connected place on earth. As people walk it, others yell "Ultreya" to them. It means "moving forward with courage" so I am saying it to you. It is my motto and I hope it will help in some small way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you keep your chin up even if it will hit your knees soon you'll know how I feel lol Love you xxx Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have always been wonderful to me, so you have nothing to worry about on that front:) Now, just take good care of yourself, get all the rest you need, and this will all be over before you know it and you will be as good as new:) Good luck with your treatment, and I hope it is as easy on you as it can possibly be. Oh yeah, get yourself a big bag of pot because I hear that can be great for controlling the nausea (and annoyance!!) of chemo. Hang in there- we are all rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tom, you never have to worry about offending me! :o)

    ReplyDelete