Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chemo for Christmas?

Well its official. I have cancer. 3 words I never in my life thought I would say. Embryonal Carcinoma to be exact. Now waiting on a referral to Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto to see an oncologist. According to my CT scan it would appear that lymph nodes behind my abdomen are enlarged and this will require chemotherapy treatment.

I am starting this blog as a way to help me deal with what I am going through. An open diary if you will. Hopefully it may serve to provide support and encouragement to others enduring a similar journey. Please feel free to throw your 2 cents in as dialogue is important.

Will update with more details as they become available. In the mean time hug the person next to you.

Tom

2 comments:

  1. Astoundingly bad news, man. However, it ain't over unless you say it is. Will be thinking about you and yours as this progresses.

    For what it's worth, the blog is an excellent idea.

    Let me know if there's anything you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3

    fabulous idea with the blog. great way to get it out of the system and will help others through similar journeys.


    much love to you and your family Tommy

    <3

    ReplyDelete