Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chemo - Day 5 ,6 and the End of The First Week

Wow!! What a week.

Friday's treatment went well and got home early in the afternoon to relax a bit before my next door neighbours Christmas party. Managed 2 glasses of wine with copious amounts of water in between before deciding it was time to crash at 10:30p.m. Slept really well for the first time in 5 days. Energy levels picked up over the weekend and by the time Sunday rolled around I felt fit enough to go for brunch.

So my only treatment this week is this afternoon and that will be me off the steroids till my treatment next week. I have a feeling my immune system may take a bit of a dive over the next couple of days so I should stay safe and close to home.

At the party the were only may be a dozen of us or so and my neighbours had already filled the other guests in with my particular issue. So the questions began and I answered them as best I could, never remembering a time, place or situation where cancer was spoken about so openly. So candidly. After a little while Joanne (my apologies if the spelling is wrong) came up and wrapped her arms around me and explained how she is a Breast cancer survivor for over 10 years and wished me well. Its hard to describe the emotion. I'm in a club that I never requested membership yet honored and humbled to be a part of. In a way I am glad of this experience. Of all life lessons taught to me this one is probably the most important one of all.


Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and support. It truly means a lot.

6 down 15 to go.

Livestrong!

4 comments:

  1. Sending you strength, sun, stamina, and love from the Sunshine State. You're in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Tom! Boost your immune system with Broccoli, yogurt, bell peppers, green tea, pumpkin, tumeric, garlic, mushrooms and Vit D!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tom. Although your circumstance is terrible, your open and upbeat approach is a real inspiration. I love the blog. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you Tom for venturing out and very much so, it is clear that your spirit and the support and company of people of good cheer are overpowering the poisons they have been whacking you with. Roller coaster I'm very sure, but in awe of you concentrating on the energy on the ride up rather than fear of the down. Thanks for your kind gift of giving this Christmas. God Bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete