Sunday, April 10, 2011

RPLND Is On

So I got the results of my CT Scan on Friday and I have to undergo the Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection. Not the result I was hoping for but one that is necessary.

By all accounts I am in extremely good hands with the operation being performed on May 2 2011 at Toronto General Hospital. The procedure, which is approximately 4 hours in length, was pioneered in Toronto 30 or 40 or so years ago and is now the world standard. My surgeon is apparently among the finest in the world, which takes some of the sting away from such an invasive operation.

There are a plethora of side effects all of which should be manageable. My hospital stay should be between 5 and 7 days with a further six weeks of recuperation.

I am obviously not entirely please with outcome but this will finally put an end to my journey with testicular cancer and I look forward to living the rest of my life to the fullest. A positive attitude has been key in my fight and I will continue to harness that as much as I can.

Livestrong!!

1 comment:

  1. All will be well in the end. The beast will be beaten. :)
    You are absolutely amazing and I feel privileged to know you.
    Livestrong!

    ReplyDelete