Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

So I had my Pre Surgery appointment on Wednesday. Phew!! What a day!! Between 6 and 7 hours at the hospital I spent answering a plethora of questions and undergoing a barrage of tests including blood work, bacterial swabs and a Pulmonary Fitness Test.

While it was all pretty much straight forward, it was a long day that gave me far too much time alone with my thoughts. Too much time to consider the severity of the operation and possible complications either during or after surgery. I have managed to be stalwart throughout this journey so far as it hasn't really been all that difficult. The next step is and I don't think I have been so scared in my life to be honest with you. But I don a brave face and shrug off concerns so as to be strong for others who are anxious about my situation.

As I sat in the waiting room for the Pulmonary Fitness Test I saw a few others who had obvious breathing difficulties. That's when I realized my mortality. We are here for a good time not a long time and as I mentioned previously, we need to take the time to stop and smell the roses.

This next week will be a difficult one for me but one that will be made easier knowing that my parents arrive on Thursday to help with my recovery after surgery. I will be sure to let them know how much they are appreciated.

Have a Happy Easter everybody.

Livestrong!

1 comment:

  1. Thrive Tommy. Happy Easter... so have a good time, the sun can't shinnne every day... enjoy your time with your family. My thoughts are with you, and I can't say don't be scared, I know I would be... HUGE!! Your family will help you through :)

    ((( hugs ))))

    Claud

    ReplyDelete